7.05.2011

you've got a friend in me...

I know most of you have been influenced by someone to read "The 5 Love Languages," or at least to take the quiz.  I, too, have been bitten by that bug.  However, I have yet to find the "friendship love language" test.  
I can honestly say that my marriage love language & my friendship love language is completely different.  In my marriage, my love languages are words of affirmation & touch.  In friendship?  Teasing. 
I know that isn't exactly the most positive expression of love, but it's me. 
Because of this quality, I have been known to recite a friendship disclaimer to newcomers.  If you haven't heard it yet, you should be educated so as to not offend you in the future.
It usually goes something like this:


"Ok.  If we're going to close friends, you should be aware of something.  I tend to show affection through sarcasm and teasing.  If I really meant the things I say, I wouldn't be saying them.  Honestly, I like to avoid confrontation.  So, don't be offended or take me seriously.  If I give you a hard time, it means I like you.  If I offend you, please tell me so I can correct it.  Deal?"

Speaking of friends, I have awesome ones.  My 4th of July weekend was amazing because of them!  My white self spent a LOT of time at the lake with my girlies.  Thank the good Lord for sunshine!  Lake time, BBQ, friends & fireworks = awesome sauce.  Here are a few of my favorite pics from this weekend. 







Our local pyrotechnician -- Brian.

My girlies :]



The River Rats. 

Maui Waui's at Cruisers.  Yum!

Now, my skin is recuperating from all the sun.  The tomato face is now a nice tan.  I just need a nap and I'll be good.  

I love my friends.  They're worth the lack of sleep. 



No comments: