5.13.2010

♥in loo~ooving memory ♥

This past week has been a rough one.
My Aunt Milissa passed away unexpectedly on Sunday, May 2nd. 

Thanks to an amazing friend, I was able to fly home to Texas to be with my family for the past week.  He called me up Sunday evening and said, "I was just leaving my parents' house after hearing the news and thought of you.  I have a ton of Southwest travel rewards accumulated through work and I want to take care of your flight home and back."  Wow.  It's humbling to have friends like that.  He has no idea how thankful I am.

It's all so surreal.  I still can't believe she's gone...and at such a young age.  I'm down to crying only once a day now...so doing better. :)

My Mom let me know that the Sunday night at church before she died, she sang "Goodbye World, Goodbye."  How fitting.  She was such an awesome & talented singer.  What a gorgeous voice.  She recently recorded an album with our good friend, Rita Fulmer.  Throughout the album, she sings harmony and plays piano.  On one song, she sings alone...and that's the second verse to "Jesus Loves Me."  Rita created a slideshow to the song.  You can watch and listen to it here.

She was my aunt, my friend, and my first vocal instructor. 
I miss her so much. ♥♥

1 comment:

Amy said...

Amber, I'm so sorry for your loss. I will be praying for you. It's obvious that you loved her very much. xoxo