1.15.2010

cowboys & chevys.

I feel the need to preface this post with a disclaimer.

I am a female sports fan.  I thoroughly love sports & cheering on my teams.  I apologize if I bore my primarily female audience.  But this is me.

Ok.  Now, with that said....



After ending their 14-year drought in the playoffs, the Cowboys have finally won their first playoff game since I was 16. Hard to believe that their last post-season win was the same time that I was getting my license & driving my first car.
Ah...my first car.  Affectionately known as the "Screamin' White Demon" by all of my passengers.  (For a visual, imagine this puppy in white!)



The maroon interior and obnoxiously large steering wheel gave it even more character.  (Like that was needed.)  Classically, the ceiling was hanging between strategically placed thumb tacks.  The stereo was a classic as well.  8-track player with the car radio placed vertically into dash rather than horizontally.  It may have rattled a lot, but by the time that thing hit 70, we were coasting.
I remember going out to sell ads for the yearbook with some fellow classmates when my left blinker stopped working.  Thankfully, I was able to depend on crazy friend, Spencer, who would hang out of the back driver's side window and point as we approached a turn.  We had some good times in that car.  But I digress.....
This all brings about memories from a time not too long ago.
I'm so excited that Tony Romo is finally playing as well as everyone claimed he was capable of for the past few years and all is well in Jerryland.
After my beloved Longhorns lost a couple of weeks ago in the BCS National Championship, I could really use a pick-me-up.....

No comments: