10.13.2009

big week ahead.

This week is huge.

Well, not life-changing....but if you're from Texas, it's one of the biggest of the year.

This weekend is the Red River Shootout!

I know I'm in California, so not many understand the importance leading up to Saturday. So, because I have nothing better to do....I'm gonna educate ya. =] The Red River Shootout is the annual college football game between the University of Texas Longhorns and the University of Oklahoma Sooners. The series is considered one of the greatest rivalries in American sports. They have played this game in Dallas since 1912. Texas still has the most recorded wins against Oklahoma with 58 wins since the year 1900. Oklahoma has 40.

I have been raised to love the Longhorns. It's genetic. I've also been raised to "strongly dislike" Oklahoma. =] I'm sooo sad to be in California on one of my favorite weekends to be a Texan. But I'll be cheering from afar. Hook 'Em Horns!!
Yea Orange! Yea White!
Yea Longhorns! Fight! Fight! Fight!
Texas Fight! Texas Fight,
Yea Texas Fight!
Texas Fight! Texas Fight,
Yea Texas Fight!
The Eyes of Texas are upon you,
All the livelong day.
The Eyes of Texas are upon you,
You cannot get away.
Texas Fight, Texas Fight,
For it's Texas that we love best.
Hail, Hail, The gang's all here,
And it's good-bye to all the rest!


1 comment:

Amy said...

Did you know Tim Foster? He is probably cheering right alongside you up in Heaven. :) Miss that man!